Wednesday, January 21, 2009

C'est la vie

Disappointment. I received an email letting me know the bag isn't being made anymore! Nuts! But its a positive in regard to my yearly budget. Its the year of saving for me. I'm horrified by my spending habits and am making a big effort to cut back. I even returned a pair of jeans the other day. I already own almost 10 pairs of jeans that fit nicely. They might fit perfectly into my boots... but they aren't necessary.

I don't believe in New Year Resolutions. But at the beginning of the year I become suspiciously organised and write a list of things I want to do in the year. I often have ideas but never follow through on them. My husband and I have been talking a lot in regards to our goals, and along with budgeting we are closer to being able to achieve our goals. Those aside, there are little hobbies and interests I'd like to pursue. I know everyone is busy, but often I get so caught up with "busy-ness" that I don't get to actively pursue any personal hobbies and try something new. I mean, I do some things I love. Like bikeriding often, going to the beach most days, playing piano, reading books etc. (that sounds like a lot now I think about it) - but I'd like to try something new and different.

Here is my list. I'd like to do at least one of these things this year:-

Take up pilates
Take a sewing course
Learn french

"He who is brave is free".

4 comments:

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Very commendable of you. Good luck on your efforts!

PS: See my blog, you have a few awards if you want them :)

Anonymous said...

Goals are good! Come and visit us; we can pop over to Paris for the w/end and you can practise your French ;-)

Technodoll said...

Ah oui, le français... hubby is on the couch struggling with his lesson right now, LOL!

C'est bon :-)

Tea Lady said...

Daring to dream: Thank you! I'll accept it when I can think of a list of honest things! Until that time I don't deserve it!

Dr sub: watch this space. We probably will come to England sometime to visit my parents. We'd love to get to hang out with you and Gwen sometime.

Technodoll: Je ne sais quoi?