Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bang!

I'm in a blogging rut... I know it! Mainly because I have been sick for 2 weeks now. This flue hit me for a sixer, and after 13 days I still have a sore throat. I feel it getting slightly better. Today is the first day in 2 weeks I haven't had headache pills.

I heard anti biotics can give women yeast infections?! Yow! So, although I have some (visited my dr on Monday!) - I'm holding out.

Last night my husband, friends and I went up to LA to see "Big Ban Theory" - alas didn't get in, so ventured into Hollywood. I love LA. I mean, its seedy in parts. But so full of life and inspiration in other parts (aka the "nice" parts) I thoroughly enjoy my visits up there. While I love to live so close to the beach, I miss the eclectic and artsy feel city's have to offer.

We went to this old restaurant/bar with autographed photo's of famous people on the walls. The restaurant was lovely with a nice feel to it. The name of the bar is "The Dresden Room". Where Swingers was filmed:)

Later on, after walking the streets and visiting the bookshops that were still open, we went back and had a drink at the bar while listening to bluesy, romantic tunes by the singer, bass player and pianist.

It was a nice way to spend our Tuesday night. It was good to do something different.

My husband had dressed like Sheldon. So everywhere we hung out in Hollywood last night... my husband looked like Sheldon... :)

3 comments:

Frank said...

I've never been to L.A. before. Being a wholesome Midwest boy, the West Coast kind of scares me :P

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Hope you are on the mend. Just lay out in some sun - you will feel better in no time!

Tea Lady said...

Frank: LA is fun. But different to what I expected.

Daring to dream: Thanks! This space is all better!