Friday, February 22, 2008

Nina Shoes

It is raining cats and dogs outside, but she’ll be right - I am pleased to say its an indoor day. One of the best things of the day is getting into work, making a coffee, eating a muffin and checking blogs and emails.

Today I’m wearing killer heels (for me that is) (picture below!) – I’m trying to wear them in so they are more comfortable for “every day wear”. I can’t wait to team them up with my red levante tights (care of Sock Dreams)! For today though its skinny grey jeans, Ema & Sam long sleeve teal top and yay! Curly hair is working today. No frizz. Miracle.



I’m real excited about American Idol this year. I’ve never gotten into it – but this year the lovely Aussie Michael Johns is in the running. His rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody was beautiful. I’m so excited and love his voice. Ok, and he is a bit of a cutie too:)

Mr D and I were watching this episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. That show kills me. The episode was about Ray and his dreams – he decided he didn’t have any and Deborah said he must be content with where he’s at. Hence he started planning for his death. It got me thinking a lot about my own hopes and dreams. Life has been pretty hectic the last year, the most hectic yet. But thankfully its settled somewhat. Mr D and I were talking about 2010 – going and living in a foreign country for 6 months and really living. Driving around to beautiful spots, staying at hostels, living on the cheap. Working full time is fine – I like my job and am content with life. But sometimes I don’t feel like I am really “living”. I miss travelling a whole lot – like I was able to a few years ago. So that’s our little dream. We’re going to Australia soon, which I can’t wait for. I can’t wait to be surrounded by the Australian accent and to feel at home and in my element again. To go to my favourite hole in the wall places and to have a beer and a meat pie. To have bbq’s with my mates and laugh at nothing. I really miss the aussie sense of humourJ And the curry!!! I was making a big curry the other night and stopped by the store to get all my whole Indian spices – this Indian family came up and excitedly asked me “do you make curry”? – “Yes – I love curry”. “ah” they said “are you british”? British? Do I look british? Well, maybe – but Australians eat and love their curry too you know! They were sweet, and pretty much made my day. As much as people ask if I’m british - for the most part people get it right. Are you from New Zealand? No! Are you South African? NO! Are you from Germany? No – come on, get real! Are you serious?

2 comments:

Liberty London Girl said...

That's very funny about the curry! I'm always blogging about my curry obsession. Thank you for the link -I've returned the favour. LLG xx

HomeImprovementNinja said...

Hey! My cousin is the head designer for nina shoes. I'm going to send her the link to this :)