Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Saturday

My Saturday was delightful. My greek friends who own a local restaurant had us and 20 others over for a gourmet lunch. Everything tasted wonderful. The biggest spread you can imagine!

We left at 2:30pm and went down to the beach where there was an old time swing band playing. It was a grey day down at the beach, but calm and peaceful. There were people in the water (crazy!) catching the last swims of the season. My husband and I swing danced to a few songs. After that we walked along by the water a bit before heading home to change. We drove a ways to see "The Duchess" with Keira Knightley. I love a good period drama. Best line: "You make me sound so pitiable" - Keira Knightley dropped this line while walking off from her love interest. It was pretty cheesy and the whole audience cracked up! I really enjoyed the movie. There were some awkward moments in the movie - but overall a great storyline, dialogue - and I appreciated Keira Knightley's acting, more so than her last few movies. The audience had a good sense of humour. People laughed at all the cheesy lines, although were attentive for the most part. An older crowd filled the cinema. After that my husband and I walked around the area we were in. Walking past Thai, Vietnamese and indian restaurants - enjoying the aroma's. We were meeting our friend N at a bar at 8pm so had to eat dinner elsewhere. We went to this bar with old leather chairs, dark wood tudor style panels on the walls, a low ceiling. This man in his late 60's/70's played piano - along with another musician on the saxaphone. It was a comfortable bar. Good for a hard drink, although the beer on tap wasn't good (at all!). We just got "well drinks".

Later we walked down the street a bit to a dive bar - where they have very good beer on tap! I got a guinness. Mmm. And we played a couple rounds of pool. I killed the boys the first round - but my husband beat us the next round.

It was such a fun day, and lovely to spend it with my husband. I think tonight I should play a boardgame with him to make up for all that he did with me yesterday.

I bought these earrings before the clothing ban. They arrived yesterday. Cute huh?!

Thank you Etsy!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Very cute earrings.

I wonder: will you "clothing" ban include accessories?

It sounds like a fun day/night. I'm interested in seeing "The Duchess," having read a bit about it.

Anonymous said...

Six month clothing ban. Ouch!! :( Good to hear about The Duchess though. Good luck, and may the force be with you. I miss you too my dearest!

Miss R

Tea Lady said...

No, I don't think it will include accessories. I simply don't buy enough. I buy something small every few months. I'm mainly focussing on clothes/shoes which are my biggest shopping vices.

I only just realised that The Duchess is being compared with the life of Princess Diana - which I wish I'd known before seeing it!

Elisabeth said...

Gorgeous earrings!

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Cute earrings. I LOVE international food and enjoy walks past various restaurants. Cant wait to move to CA to embrace it all more near the water to top it off. Sounds like you had fun.

Fifi Flowers said...

NICE day!
Clothing-ban... wow! What happens when it's over... you go crazy and spend more tan you would've buying here and there? lol
Cute earrings!