Thursday, August 7, 2008

Feeling Blue

At the moment I’m in the process of growing out my fringe (aka bangs). Its driving me nuts. I got the big wide bangs back in April. I realized they are too overwhelming on my smallish face and don’t do me justice. My husband isn’t all that into them either. My friends are of course, because they are a little funky and different. But, in all honesty, I don’t think they bring out different features in my face. 1) eyes. Ok, we’ll leave it at one. So now I’m pinning them back, pinning half of them back. Side sweeping them. There is this massive square lump of hair on my forehead. I have a massive forehead, and need bangs. My forehead is so large, you could land a plane on it. Seriously. It’s the Danish in me, I swear. The Danes have large foreheads and wide cheek bones, right? My Besta (grandma) was Danish. And I look a lot like her. Only I dye my naturally dark blond hair brown! Much to the annoyance of my mother.

The last couple of days have been ok. I’ve been in a horrible mood this week (I’m a woman! What can I say, other than I hate hormones sometimes). But each night, getting home has been really nice. I’ve been trying out different recipes each night – cooking something new for my husband, which he’s well pleased about. The recipes were “ok” – but he loves trying new dishes. So all in all it works well. He’s a good guinea pig.

Wednesday night we played the card version of Puerto Rico and drank wine. Very nice.Today I’ve been craving sweet things like crazy. So I escaped the office for ten minutes to meander over to my favourite little greek café. I grabbed a zucchini and pecan muffin. So good. This little greek café is owned by friends of mine. They have a very lively café – and amazing, unbelievable food. Once people start going there, they don’t stop. They have every variety of sandwich you can imagine. I love to go there, sit outside under the trees and read a book. I’d go there every day if it weren’t for the “budget”.

Speaking of which, I have blown it already this month. My monthly allowance (“fun money”) is $70. Not much eh. But enough. This month I blew it within the first weekend at Gap on some cute tops.

I also found this skirt on sale for $9 from $40 (score). It’s a great flowy cotton skirt – ideal for the hot summer days.




No comments: