Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thinking Time

I’m feeling inspired at the moment in many ways. I had a great last few days, which got me thinking a lot about my life, who I am as a person. I think I get lazy. I know what makes me happy, what is right and yet I work away, carry on with routine and let myself ignore things. But I’m afraid of wasting years not being true to myself and my beliefs. I think we go through transition years where we are figuring it all out. Right when I think I know myself… a couple of years pass and I feel like I’m starting all over again. I don't want to look back at "wasted years" - spent figuring out what I like/want when I could have just been doing it. Some people accomplish more in 20 years than some people do in a lifetime. I guess I want to be one of those people (not the latter!).

One thing I know is how much I appreciate my lifelong true friends I’ve had for years. The meaningful friendships that enrich your lives. I get tired of constantly meeting people and having to start all over again.

I have a friend living here at the moment who is also Australian. We have so much fun paying each other out and also that we understand each others ways, even though we have really only known each other a short time.

Here’s what I’m listening to at the Moment:-

The Whitsundays
Zooey Deschanel & M.Ward
Wolftron
Beirut

What I’m reading: Women in Love by DH. Lawrence and Corellis Mandolin.

I ended up sending back the Urban Outfitters skirt. The high waisted skirts don’t seem to suit my figure. It was such a cute skirt, but that’s ok. Now I’m on the lookout for a pair of flat gladiators for everday wear. I’ll post some pics up soon.

1 comment:

Richel said...

I've just started Corelli's Mandolin. I don't know if it's good yet, though...